Anytime you do something hard or intense, it’s always important to take time to recharge, refresh, and rejuvenate.
My favorite way to do that is to play!
I learned a new game for Zoom the other day from Mallory Penney of Better Together Labs that I thought you might enjoy.
This one is great for a brain break, and to get people up and moving after sitting and working intensely.
One player tries to clear the screen of players by mimicking their movements. Played in Gallery View.
Number of players: 6-10
Optional: play music in the background during play
1. Designate one person as “It.” “It”‘s goal is to try and clear the screen of players.
2. Some players move so they’re not visible onscreen, while a few players come onscreen and start making repetitive movements/dancing. If they’re dancing/moving, they keep doing the same movement sequence until “It” copies them.
3. Once “It” mimics their movements, players move so they cannot be seen onscreen.
4. At any point “It” can call out to another player to take over being “It.”
5. Players that are “bopped” off by being mimicked can pop back up again at any point and start dancing/moving with a new movement sequence, until “It” mimicks them again.
That’s the whole game! It’s silly and fun. :)
If you play it in a meeting, let me know how it goes!