Note: For the fullest experience, I recommend listening to the podcast, as the audio version always contains additional comments and tangents not found in the blog post version.
Back in 2015 I wrote some posts about clutterbusting, and recorded episode 20 about clutter vs. mess, and the difference between the two.
Since I’m about to run a 3-week Great ClutterBust to kick off the “grand re-opening” of my Creative Sandbox Community (and on Tuesday, July 24th, you can join me for a FREE clutterbusting session to experience the power of clutterbusting for yourself!), I thought I’d pull that old episode out of the archives, dust it off, and give it a refresh.
Inside you’ll find:
- Research suggesting that messy environments encourage originality and a search for novelty, while tidy, orderly environments inspire healthy dietary choices
- The important difference between mess and clutter
- Suggestions for what to do, once you understand the difference!
Enjoy! And be sure to join me on Tuesday to kickstart your personal clutterbusting efforts and make space for creative messes!
TrueLovesBand.com My husband discovered this 8-piece instrumental Soul group out of Seattle, WA while browsing online. We think they are fantastic!
PS – Calling all Silicon Valley Artists, Writers, Crafters, and Those Who Wish They Were! Join me for Creative Sandbox Playday in Palo Alto, CA on Sunday, August 5th!
It’s basically like the “day camp version” of my Creative Sandbox Retreat, which I’ve been running for coming up on 6 years now. Where the retreat is 5 days and 4 nights, the playday is a half day.
And it’s only $25!
We’ll scare the gremlins away, laugh, and create in community.
Work on a creative project of your own, start a new one, or play with my art supplies. We’ll play in the Creative Sandbox together and have FUN!
Has the Creative Sandbox Way™ podcast made a difference in your life? Would you like to be featured on the podcast?
I love sharing listener stories, so if you have a story of how listening to the podcast has changed your life for the better in some way — big or small — I want to feature you in a Listener Spotlight.
Here’s how it works:
1. Just log into iTunes/the Apple Podcast Player and leave a rating and review. (If you don’t know how to do that, you’ll find step-by-step instructions at creativesandboxway.com/itunes-review).
2. Then copy and paste what you wrote in your review into an email, and send it to me, along with why you want to be featured in a Listener Spotlight. How has the podcast made a difference in your life? You can email me at creativesandboxway.com/contact.
If I pick you for a Listener Spotlight, we’ll have a relaxed, fun conversation, and the recording of our conversation will be part of a future episode! How cool is that?
Want a creative kick start?
Check out my book!
What would change for you if you could totally revel in the joy of creating? You CAN, with The Creative Sandbox Way!
- Melissa’s 10 fool-proof guideposts that have helped thousands get joyfully creating.
- 5 reasons why creative play is good for you, AND for the world (it’s neuroscience, baby!)
- Why “I’m not creative” is always a lie, and how to bust it.
- How to turn creative blocks into friends.
AND you’ll get creating right in the book itself.
“It’s one part field guide, one part creative practice—and I loved it. The Creative Sandbox Way is an adventure packaged as a book.”
NYT best-selling author of The Happiness of Pursuit and The $100 Startup
Hear ye, hear ye! This is to serve as official notice that all links to anything for sale, be it books or courses, are likely to be affiliate links. What this means is that if you click through said links and make a purchase, although it won’t affect the price that you pay, a few coins will jangle into my coffers, enabling me to buy a packet of hard gluten-free biscuits to feed myself and my husband for another day, or perhaps a pen with which to create some artwork. Or perhaps they will contribute toward paying a fraction of my web hosting bill, so that this blog and podcast can continue to exist. Thank you kindly for your attention.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Creative Sandbox Way on the Apple Podcast Player/iTunes!
If you’d also like your voice to be heard on the show, leave your question as a voice message right here.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe via Stitcher
Now go get creating!
PS — Pssst! Know someone who might benefit from seeing this today? Pass it on!
Subscribe to My Newsletter and Get My Manifesto!