Testimonial from Claire Menke for Communicating for Influence program by Creative Sandbox Solutions™.
Communicating for Influence uses interactive activities to help team members know how to connect with different types of audiences, and use empathy and mutual understanding to shape their message to connect with—and influence—their audience more effectively.
Delivered over three 2-hour virtual sessions on Zoom, with a week in between sessions. This allows time between for team members to put what they learned into practice with some mini-experiments.
(Oh, and people consistently say these sessions are the most fun meetings they’ve attended all year!)
Who This is For
Communicating for Influence is especially useful for
• Researchers, data scientists, academics, technical types, or anyone who tends to use a lot of jargon in their work
• People who need to make complex or technical ideas accessible to others
• Anyone who could use improvement in engaging and influencing colleagues
Communicating for Influence Helps Team Members:
• Develop effective strategies for engaging and influencing any colleague
• Research & insights storytelling for maximum engagement & impact
• Gathering & inspire a diverse group around a single idea
• Demonstrate an understanding of different audiences & stakeholders as well as their needs & motivations
• Apply empathy to communicate more effectively in any situation
• Construct an impactful, audience-centered message based on mutual understanding
• Identify a non-adversarial, constructive tone vs. an adversarial, destructive one
• Demonstrate the ability to speak from (and hence empathize with) both sides of an issue
• Use active listening to find productive understanding and common ground within disagreement